- Are medical billing errors common?
- Nearly 25 percent of all medical practice income is lost due to issues associated with billing, coding and other practice management services. These issues include biller errors, front desk clerical errors, physician errors, experience errors on the part of the physician or biller, and follow up errors.
At EMB, we feel it is our mission to eliminate all of these errors and improve the quality of data that comes into our office by educating your staff on industry changes, ensuring our clients have appropriate, up-to-date knowledge to educate patients prior to services being rendered, run customized reports, and audit everything keyed prior to sending to our clearinghouse.
- What are the advantages of outsourcing my billing?
- As the need for high-quality patient care increases, medical professionals across all specialties cannot afford to manage in-house billing for their practices.
When a client outsources, all the associated costs are now Express Medical Billing’s. The client no longer has payroll and associated payroll taxes, administrative costs, postage and documentation, supplies, software upgrades and fees.
- What is MD Coder and how can it benefit my practice?
- MD Coder is a mobile capture solution that leverages state-of-the-art technology to help medical professionals capture charges directly at point-of-care. Clients can use their iPhone to capture the appropriate CPT and ICD codes for every encounter, and then efficiently and securely transfer those codes to EMB. This service simplifies the charge entry, improves the accuracy of coding and patient demographics, and helps enforce reimbursement rules without disrupting client schedules and practices.
- What specialties does EMB serve?
- Our solutions can benefit literally any and all medical professions. From small family practices to hospitalists to durable medical equipment carriers (DME), our long list of clients includes nearly every specialty in the medical industry. If you want to know more about the markets we serve, please contact us.
- I’ve always managed my billing in-house and outsourcing makes me a little uncomfortable. Will the transition be easy?
- Any new change in how you manage your financials will make anyone feel uneasy at first, but there are real-dollar benefits of hiring an outside professional to take over your billing. Many times, clients hire employees with little or no experience in the billing field, resulting in lost revenue due to inexperience, inefficiency, extra training or turnover with those employees.
Overall, switching to EMB is a very effortless process, and our clients are typically set up and billing through us within a week. And, because they always have access to a live representative, our clients can experience peace of mind.
- What do I do with my existing billing arrangement when I switch to EMB?
- We have had many clients come to us after losing revenue from their previous billing arrangement. EMB is dedicated to getting any lost revenue we can when we start processing your account. Our personal touch and experience allows us to calmly sort through claims to determine the quickest turnaround and ensure reimbursements.
You can switch to Express Medical Billing at any time. We will convert any old accounts and integrate them into our system to minimize the amount of billing delays and interruption in cash flow.
- Will I have access to my patient’s information?
- Yes, through our online billing and management software from American Medical, our clients have real-time access to patient data anytime.
- Do I get payments directly, or do they go to EMB first?
- While we oversee the entire medical billing process, no actual money is handled at EMB. All of our clients are in control of their finances and receive income directly, whether from insurance checks or patient checks. We make sure to record patient payments that were received by our client on the date of service. Most of the payments received by our clients from insurance carriers are received in an EFT format directly to their bank, while a detailed EOB is loaded in an ERA format to our clearinghouse. We post those ERAs to individual patient accounts.
- How quickly do you submit my claim once I have sent you the patient’s visit information?
- Typically within 24 hours of issuing the receipt.
- My practice is not in the same state as EMB; can you still do our billing?
- Absolutely. Because we use state-of-the-art medical software from American Medical, our clients can access their accounts anytime. And, with our scanning services, clients can easily convert their paper records into electronic format, and have access to an online folder that can be dropped daily onto our site for simple and free delivery to EMB.
- What are the rates for EMB’s services?
- Because our clients range in specialties and sizes, EMB cannot establish pricing until we learn more about your practice and specific needs. We have staffing available from 6:00am to 6:00pm, Monday-Friday, to answer any questions you have or provide you with a free quote. A live representative will answer all quote requests within 24 hours.
- Can EMB provide additional services other than processing claims?
- EMB is an integrated Practice Management Billing firm with a variety of services beyond billing. Visit our services offered page or call a live representative for more information.
Your rejection rates are low, paper claims rates are low…That just shows what an outstanding job you and your staff do on a daily basis for your clients!Trizetto Provider Solutions, formerly Gateway EDI